Last Modified 15 February, 2016
Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on all Montana North Company Pte. Ltd. websites and how it affects you.
The Perhaps Not-So-Short Version (but in less-legal language):
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit to this site, like which of our pages you viewed (i.e. we use Google Analytics and this is what triggers the need for the EU Cookie Law notification). You can learn more about Google Analytics, or choose to opt-out of Google Analytics.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others if you use their services, might know you visited this website (i.e. maybe you shared a link to one of our blog posts through a share button). We can’t control them (because to use them we embed code that they provide that we do not control ourselves) we don’t know exactly what they do with any data they gather but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any privacy threat. If we find out that this changes, then we’ll proactively remove this feature on our sites.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services (i.e. we use an email list service provider to send emails updates to our subscribers).
- To allow visitors to discuss some of our blog articles and to post comments on some web pages we use a discussion system called Disqus. To do so we embed code that Disqus provide and we do not control ourselves. Disqus anonymously tracks visitors to pages like we do. They also remember who you are if you login to any Disqus service, so you can comment on any website using their tool. Logging in to Disqus can be done in many ways, including via Facebook. If you login via social network, Disqus will be able to link your activity to that network. In this way, your Disqus activity may be personally identifiable. Disqus will know what pages you viewed in our site and what you wrote on those comments. Of course, all comments you leave are also publicly visible on the Internet alongside your name, so we do not imagine this is a concern for many people.
- When you sign up for any of our services – free, paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your email address and sometimes your name. This falls under our privacy terms outlined on this page.
- We may send you email notifications regarding services which you have specifically requested (i.e. newsletters or email notifications when a report is completed) or regarding paid services (i.e. invoices). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time by using the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of those emails. We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as mentioned above.
1.1. PURPOSE OF POLICY.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
(a) Categories of Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect personally identifiable information from you only if you sign up for a newsletter or contact us. Such personally identifiable information may include one, more, or all of the following:
Your email address,
Your location, and
Message details you send with inquiries.
(b) Modification or Removal Process. Please contact us if you wish to modify your information.
(e) Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
(f) Third Party Tracking: As a matter of transparency, we’ve decided to disclose to you whether third parties can acquire and track your personally identifiable information through our website. Google and other sites listed below can track you through this Site as we use their services for social media and infrastructure purposes. Google participates in the NIA opt out program. You can visit this link to no longer be tracked by Google and Google properties such as Google Plus. You can also visit the following sites to read their privacy policies and how they track individuals across the web:
You can use programs such as Privacy Badger to further control the collection of information regarding you online.
(g) To the extent you are a minor and wish to have any content you’ve posted to the Site removed, please contact us. Please note the removal of this content from the Site does not mean it will be removed from the web as search engines, archive websites, and other platforms may have copied the content in question.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous aggregate “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(b) COOKIES. We may use “cookies” to store a small piece of data on your computer during your visit to collect information. The cookies are used to gain information on how you use the web, which we try to incorporate into the Site to improve your experience.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. Examples of such services include, but are not limited to, third parties providing email facilitation and hosting. However, please note that if you leave the Site and purchase a product or service we promote, the company you purchase from will notify us of the purchase as well as certain identifying information for you. We do not share this information with others.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. Your personal information will not be detailed in this aggregate data.
(d) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(e) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our Company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site and from orders of our product including your customer information. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(f) DMCA CLAIM DISCLOSURES. We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, better known as the “DMCA”. Should we receive a claim of copyright infringement, we will comply with the safe harbor requirements of the DMCA. Part of that compliance may require the disclosure of your identity if you are either the allegedly infringing party or the party filing the copyright infringement complaint.
The Site has reasonable security measures in place such as Secure Sockets Layer protocols to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. SITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, please contact us.